Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Number Three


      This is the third painting I have done. This one did not take nearly as long as my other two paintings. There are hardly any major details. The clouds took me the longest. I had to keep darkening them by dabbing on the paint using a scrubbing, swirl motion. Then in the top left corner dab on a darker purple.
      I thought the grass was going to be difficult. But I have learnt that I am more of a softer painter then an extremely detailing painter. Or at least that is what I prefer. So instead I just added different shades of the green and brown and the little red flowers.
      The sky was easy. For the sun rays, while the paint was wet, I took a piece of paper towel and wiped it off in a line. Every time I wanted to darken the sky, I repeated the step.
      The tree I kept avoiding cause just look how dark it is! But once I got the basic shape, it was surprisingly easy.
      My fourth one is still in the works today. So I wont have that one posted for a few but I will post some of my tutorial paintings that I have done later.   

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley!
    I'm so amazed by everything, I especially love this painting. Being such a horrible painter/drawer myself, I'm even more in awe. Keep up the good work!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your painting so much! Wow, it is so beautiful. I hope no matter how old you get, you never stop painting. I can't wait to see more, and read you other posts.

    Stay magical, keep painting, and love life. <3
    -Jayy

    ReplyDelete