Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Music and Art

    Many of us - and I probably could say all - listen to music everyday. There are so many different types of genres like rock, pop, country, rap, classical, jazz and that's only naming so little of what is out there. We all have our favourites, and definitely like more that one type - maybe not, but I know I do. Some of us enjoy the rhythm, and some of us listen for the lyrics. A lot people look at music as an entertainment factor. Something they can sing a long with, dance to, and even help you get past through times. You're right. But there is more to music then you think.
      Music helps your creative thought. As long as you don't abuse the privilege. Music stimulates the creative side of your brain allowing you to concentrate, and pour your ideas out faster. It helps you relax. Of course, when the teacher is talking, listening to music actually distracts you from what she is saying, it prevents you from taking in what is being said. But when it is independent work like writing, drawing, coloring etc... listening to music is perfect.
      When I paint, we listen to soft quiet music that helps us relax and concentrate on what we are doing. It keeps you thinking creatively. Music is great for so many things, and yes, you can now say music helps you learn. But sitting there playing with your iPod constantly defeats the whole purpose. Make a playlist and don't touch it afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment