Monday, 5 November 2012

Second Painting

Here is a photograph that I took while in Quebec at my Grandmaman's house.


       I decided to paint my own photograph. I drew the basic shape of the flower, then started to paint. It took a long time for me to finish this painting cause there is a lot of details in the flower. I've always been afraid to add bold colors but as you can see, there are many dark areas in the background and bold colors in the flower. 

My Finished Result.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley!
    I absolutely love your photograph and your painting. The colours are beautiful and you are a very talent artist and photographer. I also like the bright design of your blog. It is certainly uplifting. I am inspired to go home and paint! I love to paint as it relaxes me. Nothing ever turns out the way I planned but that it probably what is so fun about painting and art. :) M. Morton

    I will comment on other posts.

    ReplyDelete